The Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education (DUE) is focused on assuring the quality of the educational experience of MIT students with a particular responsibility for enhancing undergraduate education. To attain these goals, DUE is moving forward on an extensive set of initiatives:
- Ensure access to an MIT education.
- Foster an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education.
- Enhance student learning through educational innovation and assessment.
- Support student academic success across all cohorts.
- Make a global experience an essential part of an MIT education.
- Increase the percentage of underrepresented minority undergraduates who pursue graduate studies.
- Encourage learning outside the classroom.
- Increase two-way communication and engagement with students.
- Improve the educational infrastructure.