We enroll, educate, and inspire some of the world’s brightest students with a passion for learning and sense of self so they become the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders in a global society.
We lead by promoting the excellence of a science and technology-centric education; ensuring access and opportunity without regard to financial resources; upholding rigorous academic standards; advancing innovation; developing mentoring relationships strengthening respect for diversity; and serving as a catalyst for learning, exploration, and discovery.
DUE Strategic Priorities
- Ensure access to and affordability of MIT undergraduate education.
Enhance the educational experience of undergraduates:
- Strengthen the freshman year as the foundation for success at MIT and beyond.
- Expand experiential learning by providing more opportunities for hands-on, contextual learning.
- Promote global experiences and prepare MIT graduates as global-ready leaders.
- Support educational innovation: pedagogy, technology, and learning spaces.
Reduce barriers to help students succeed academically and personally:
- Improve advising and mentoring by fostering a culture that provides opportunities for students to connect with faculty early and often.
- Create a supportive environment that empowers all students to succeed academically and personally.
- Address student stress by identifying strategies that mitigate stress and help students find balance.
DUE Core Values
These values form the foundation on which we strive for excellence in realizing our vision and fulfilling our mission. They are reflected in our culture, aspirations and service and underlie our decisions and interactions.
Educational Excellence: We are driven to go the extra mile to enable education at MIT through collaborative effort and individual creativity. Guided by self-awareness and the confidence that each of us contributes to DUE’s mission, we are inspired to excel.
Integrity: We create an environment of trust and fairness through honest, responsible action that reflects care for the individual and the common good. We practice ethical decision-making and take responsibility for our choices.
Diversity and Inclusion: We create an inclusive community that values, respects and engages diverse perspectives and talent and encourages all members of our community to thrive, develop and contribute to their full potential.
Visionary Thinking: We look forward with pragmatism and courage, balancing a focus on the present with strategic imagination and boldness about the future.
Students at the Core: We guide, support and empower all our students to achieve their full intellectual potential, develop a well-grounded, confident sense of self and act on their ability to contribute to the world.